Saturday, May 3, 2008

Two Dollars!

I was over at the Meez site a little while ago and noticed the daily trivia topic was '80s Movies'. Finally, something I know too much about. The description even mentioned that if I knew the reference "Two Dollars", I'd be set for this round.

Indeed, I know the reference. Chanting "Two Dollars" at someone means several things to people approximately my age. The movie in question is "Better Off Dead" starring John Cusack from 1985. It was written and directed by Savage Steve Holland. Depending on your age, you know him as the guy who: made other great movies like "One Crazy Summer" and "How I Got Into College", made great cartoons like Eek! the Cat and Terrible Thunderlizards, or more recently "Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide". I've enjoyed each and every one of these. Please keep them coming Mr. Holland!

No comments: