Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Junior Kitchen Chemist

One of the things I do while surfing is look for chemistry oriented web content that may be used at About Chemistry. It isn't a subject that many people address, but when they do...the results can range from 'Hey that is neat' to 'What the hell?' We try to keep About Chemistry clean since it is used in many schools, so items that fill the 'What the hell?' category are passed between us and ends there. Today I came across this animation of a junior amateur chemist. Hyperactive Ingredients could be considered NSFW, but I would tag it just 'gross'. I really like the sound effects here. Some really good work went into this.

I have to admit that I've mixed a few things around the house just to see what happens. I would also add that I never tried animal or human testing unless you count some unusual food or drink combinations. Mixing Code Red Mountain Dew with Blue Shock Mountain Dew to see if you get purple comes to mind.
And to answer the obvious next question: yes it is purple.

No comments: