Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's a comin'!


It's about that time again. The weather's been really nice, baby ducks in the back yard, and the distant sound of straight pipes on motorcycles. This Friday marks the return of Myrtle Beach Bike Week to the area. This is the first year I'll be actually in the middle of it where I live less than a mile from Suck Bang Blow in Murrells Inlet. I'm one of the few folks around here that don't really mind Bike Week. Sure, I don't drive much that weekend - definitely not at night. There are usually some fun things to see while driving down Hwy 17. I'm a fan of some of the bike paint jobs and customizations. I'm also a fan of ladies in leather in warm weather. The problems start to arise when other drivers start staring at bikes and leather and stop watching where they're going. That's when the 20 minute drive between the Inlet Square Mall and Coastal Grand Mall turns into an hour long adventure.
The other thing that goes on this week is great beer deals at nearly every store. Too bad I'm not really a fan of Budweiser and Coors Light, but the price is right if you are.
I hope the weather stays nice, everyone has a great time, and stays safe.

No comments: